Much like her heavy metal husband, the legendary Ozzy Osbourne, Sharon Osbourne is often outrageous, edgy, brutally honest, and equal parts, sweet and sincere. A successful television personality, author, producer, music manager, and business woman, Sharon first came into the spotlight on MTV's reality show, The Osbournes, which followed the ups and downs of her family's daily life. She then went on to become a talent show judge on The X Factor and America's Got Talent as well as a co-host on the daytime gossip series, The Talk.
But perhaps her favorite leading role is that of dog momma, the proud owner of a handful of Pomeranians and rescues: Bella, Rocky, Alfie, Charlie, Reba, and Pepsi. They keep her company every day, even while traveling. And some have gained their own notoriety, making television appearances with her.
Sharon's love for animals is immense as she and her husband are strong advocates for pet rescue and support groups like Operation Pets Alive, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, The Vanderpump Dog Foundation, and no-kill shelters across the globe.
Did you have a special pet growing up?
What do you feed your pets daily?
Yes, I had a cat named Mrs. Smedley. As a baby, I always loved toy kittens.
What do you feed your pets daily?
I think all of the dogs eat The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Beef recipe. Bella is very partial to Plato Dog Treats Small Bites Organic Chicken.
What have your pets taught you? What do they know about you that Ozzy doesn't?
My pets have taught me that I mostly prefer animals to people. Regarding the second question, unfortunately, I cannot divulge any intimate details or private confidences with my dogs.
What's your favorite part about being a pet parent? Most challenging?
My favorite part is how they light up my home. There are no challenging parts. It's all great!
What pet organizations are most important to you?
I support no kill shelters and I'm greatly opposed to puppy mills.
About Her Pets
- 9-year old Pomeranian.
- Bella is a celebrity in her own right. She was on the cover of Dog Magazine in 2018. She's also been on TV many times.
- Bella is very much a diva.
- She's a world traveler, but she doesn't like to walk a lot. And she hates cold weather.
- Her favorite pastime is nipping at men's ankles as they leave the house!
- Rocky is Ozzy's dog.
- He's a 9-year old black and chocolate Pomeranian.
- His official name is "Rocky the Rockstar."
- He has also been in magazines and on TV numerous times.
- Rocky has a very full coat of natural hair (definitely not a weave) that other dogs and Diana Ross would die for!
- Rocky loves music and is known for being a headbanger.
- He is very calm, cool, and collected.
- He has an extraordinary sense of confidence about him, which makes him very popular with the ladies.
- Rocky keeps a very busy schedule as he seldom has time for other dogs.
- Rocky doesn't give kisses easily. You have to earn them!
- He had his portrait painted by a very famous artist, which was on display in a museum for a time.
- Alfie is a 14-year old rescue. We rescued him as a puppy.
- We don't know what breed.
- Because of his gray hair and facial hair, Alfie is often confused for a member
of the British Parliament.
- Recently recovered from major surgery and came out fine
- Everyone adores Alfie. He's a hearbreaker.
- Charlie is a 10-year old Yorkie mix rescue.
- He loves the outdoors and loves to bark at birds.
- Charlie is happiest when he's at one with nature.
- He's a bit smelly as he's not too keen on bathing. Charlie prefers to refer to it as a natural Earthy smell.
- Reba is a rescue dog from Houston.
- She was found in a plastic bag on the side of the freeway.
- When Ozzy was in Houston doing a concert last year, a friend of ours who runs a dog rescue brought Reba to the show. Ozzy fell in love with Reba and the rest is history.
- Pepsi and I met in December 2018.
- She's a 10-year old Maltese mix who belonged to a friend of mine's grandmother who passed away at the age of 101. So, Pepsi was left an orphan.
- I told my friend I would take her and see if she got on with the rest of my kids (doggies).
- Her first day in the house, she found her way up to the master bedroom and has never left. She's a total cuddle muffin!